Friday, January 24, 2014

Fruit salad with goat cheese



Strawberry, green grape and goat cheese salad

Ingredients:
1 minced shallot
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 pint strawberries, sliced
1 cup green grapes, sliced in half lengthwise
½ cup crumbled goat cheese

Method:
Combine shallot, oil, vinegar and honey. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix strawberries, grapes and goat cheese in a medium bowl. Toss with vinaigrette mixture.

I made this recipe once as originally written. It met the Dave test, but I wasn’t quite as wowed. I’d wondered if it would have been better with some honeyed goat cheese, and then thought, well, why don’t I just add honey? I like this version better myself. It still makes you pucker up a bit, but tempers the edge.

This is one of those lifestyle cookbooks that I don’t usually do more than glance through. But it was free, and there’s something vaguely voyeuristic about it. Who knows? Maybe some day I'll make that funky copper candelabra. Doubtful, but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment