Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Lemon thyme goat cheese spread

Sometimes I top this with a chutney for another flavor/color contrast. This was a cranberry crystallized ginger kind.




This super-easy goat cheese spread is a very usual suspect at any gathering at my house. It’s nearly universally popular, with a fresh lemony tang. I say nearly universally, because once a guest took a bite and blurted out, “Do you have to put garlic in everything?” Point taken, but yes, I pretty much do. 

The garlic certainly works in this dish, but I suppose it could work even without it if you’re one of those people. I actually reduced the amount of garlic slightly from the original recipe. I promise a non-garlicky cheese option for tomorrow’s post, just to show that I can make something without garlic every once in a while. If I have to, I guess.



Herbed and lemon goat cheese spread
Adapted from Bon Appetit, May 1999

Ingredients
2 4-ounce packages goat cheese, room temperature
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, divided
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 large garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil

Method
Mix goat cheese, 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, lemon peel and garlic in serving bowl. Season with pepper. Add remaining thyme leaves to olive oil. Drizzle over cheese and serve with toasted baguette slices.


No comments:

Post a Comment