Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tarragon potato salad




 
I’ve rarely met a potato salad that I didn’t like on at least some level, but a really good potato salad just makes me happy.

Tarragon potato salad

Ingredients
2 pounds medium potatoes (she specified Yukon Golds, but I used a tricolor mixture)
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons salt, divided
3 tablespoons chopped green onions
3 tablespoons minced red onion
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons tarragon (or white wine) vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill

Method
Cover potatoes in pot with water. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil and simmer until just tender. Drain well. When cool enough to handle, remove skins if desired. (I like a rustic potato salad, so I left some on the red potatoes for color, but peeled the blue ones to reveal the deep blue-violet color under the dull skins.) Slice into ½-inch chunks. Place in bowl and add green and red onions.

Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper to taste. Mix dressing with potatoes. Mix in herbs. Let set for a half hour or so to let flavors develop.
 
Rating: The Barefoot Contessa does it again. Very bright flavor to the dressing thanks to the lemon and tarragon. A nice change from the standard varieties that come out of many grocery store delis looking like yellow cubes.

While potato salad is my weakness, if dessert is more your vice, perhaps this 3D chocolate printer made from Legos is more your speed. I guess if you can make one, you have to:

No comments:

Post a Comment