Saturday, July 12, 2014

Baked fish with dill and Parmesan




I know, I know. More fish. But it's summer. I'll get off this kick and move on fairly soon, I promise.

Baked tilapia
Adapted from “The Healthy Carb Diabetes Cookbook” by Jennifer Bucko and Lara Rondinelli, a book I picked up on the freebie table after several people I knew were diagnosed.

Ingredients
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh dill, or 2 teaspoons dried
4 fish fillets

Method
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place fish in a nonstick baking dish or one lined with foil Combine mayonnaise, cheese and dill.  Spread mixture over the top of fillets. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.

Rating: Tasty, and fast to fix. It's a good choice for when you're using frozen fish fillets that want a bit of dressing up. The recipe calls for the low fat version of both the mayo and cheese, but I didn’t use the low-fat cheese so I can’t vouch for whether that would work as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment